Every day I create innovative solutions to technical problems and managerial demands. I continuously monitor highly complex systems and always strive to expand my skillset within the IT/Infrastructure environment by engaging in learning and development training. I am an effective communicator when leading my team, and I now seek to develop my abilities further by undertaking new challenges in a dynamic and flourishing work environment.
- Team Work and Enthusiasm – I form effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels in order to lead team projects. I am a motivator and provide flexible support to my team members during times of stress.
- Innovation and Analysis – I perform intuitive research into commercial practice, with an inquisitive approach to develop new procedure possibilities for my team. Also, I have consistently used initiative to implement and develop shared solutions and resources.
- Project Management – I have developed software and hardware user manuals aimed at staff with limited computer literacy. Also, I have created technical manuals for management auditing purposes.
- Time Management and Organisation – I have managed 1st, 2nd to 3rd line support, with the inclusion of remote support, and organised theses into priority blocks depending on the required completion deadline.
TECHNICAL SKILLS BASE
- Fundamental understanding of routing protocols such as IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP.
- OSI/ TCP/IP conceptual model knowledge and trouble shooting.
- WAN/LAN routing protocols.
- Working knowledge of virtualisation technologies.
- Administration of AWS estate including EC2 and S3.
- Aruba and Cisco Meraki Wireless setup and deployment.
- Software and OS packages knowledge including; Windows XP/Vista/7 and Apple Mac OS systems, Windows Server 2003 – 2012, Microsoft Office /2003/2007/2010/2013, Remote Access programs, Active Directory. Backup solutions and Security Programs, such as Antivirus.
- Hiring and mentoring junior team members
- Desktop/Server Build and configuration.
- PC and Laptop Installations with client configurations.
- Exchange 2007 – 2013 configuration.
- Set-up and configuration of Office 365 E3.
- Ubuntu server build and configuration.
- OSX and Windows administration.
- Embracing the DevOps mentality
- Beginner level Shell Scripting, including Bash and Python.
- Experimentation of Ansible
- Adoption of Agile environment and practice.
- Experienced Windows XP/Vista/7/Windows 8 support for 600+ users.
- OSX Support for 10.4 – 10.10 up to 400+ users.
- Prioritising ad-hoc support requests with minimal information given.
- System Architecture
- Ability to deliver IT project on time and on budget
- Manage CAPX and OPEX
June 2016 – Currently Held Kinosis T/A Touch Surgery
Head of Infrastructure
- Support the development of Server Infrastructure, including procurement, future-proofing and options development and appraisal.
- Managing the operation of our Service Desk, Infrastructure and Network & Security systems.
- Defining and meeting service levels for IT operations.
- Managing the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of all current IT systems, including operating systems, software applications and peripherals.
- Ensuring infrastructure, applications and data are available and secure.
- Accountable for infrastructure documentation and procedures.
- Leading the development and implementation of IT policies and procedures in conjunction with the Information security standards.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of the IT budget. Supporting financial aspects of the IT function, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Assisting with the delivery of internal and international partner projects.
- Training employees in best practice.
- Maintaining/testing Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and Incident Response plans.
- Taking an active role in shaping our future IT environment.
- Rollout of Zendesk for Marketing/Customer Success/Account management and IT.
- Management of AWS environment which included a mix of Windows, Linux and Ubuntu operating systems.
- Planning out HIPPA compliance.
- Implementation of IAM Systems such as OKTA.
- Managing CAPEX and OPEX budgets.
- Software license management and control.
- Planning office moves and deployments.
- Managing multiple vendors and software contracts.
August 2015 – June 2016 Ensighten LTD
IT Support Engineer
- Design, develop, plan and implement new network scheme for the London office, focusing on requirements of the current user base.
- Migration of email platform from Colt web to Office365, and assist in the Migration of Ensighten email to Office365 E3.
- Administration of ADFS in configuration with OKTA SSO.
- Provide IT support to a rapidly growing office of about 70 local end users, 15 remote European users and ad-hoc support for 150 US users.
- Provision and de-provision end-users’ computing hardware and software, including cloud-based applications, and licenses.
- Support and train employees on various company used software productivity tools (email, calendar, SSO, chat, etc.).
- Troubleshoot software/hardware issues for Mac/Windows computers, iOS/Android mobile devices to determine the appropriate resolution path.
- Maintain current expertise and competency of relevant products, current security policies, and methods of support delivery.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records – as you create and collaborate on them.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
March 2014 – August 2015 Ben Sherman, London
IT Network Support Analyst
March 2012 – March 2014 Mimecast Ltd, London
1st / 2nd /Team Lead -Service Delivery Engineer
August 2010 – March 2012 Profero Ltd, London
1st Line & Global Support
January 2010 – August 2010 Porsche Cars GB, Reading
1st Line Support Intern – Group Systems
Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (Expected 2017/2018)
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional and Associate (Expected 2017)
CCNA Exam March 2015 (self-funded) (Expected 2017)
CompTia Network + (Self-funded) (2014)
University of Central Lancashire, Preston, PR1 2HE (2006 – 2009) BSC (Hons) Computing – Grade 2:1
Fitness – MMA, Squash, Rugby (Prop), Cross-fit training; Reading; International Travel
REFERENCES UPON REQUEST