Every day I discover productive ways to solve technical problems and meet managerial demands. I am an effective communicator within my team, and in front-line client support services. By engaging in training and exposing myself to complex systems, I strive to expand my skillset within technical support and networking services. I now seek a more senior role to develop my abilities further, and undertake new challenges in a dynamic and flourishing work environment.
- Team Work and Enthusiasm – I form effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels, in order to complete team projects. I motivate and provide flexible support to my team members during times of stress.
- Innovation and Analysis – I perform intuitive research into commercial practice, with an inquisitive approach to develop new procedure possibilities for my team. Also, I have consistently used initiative to implement and develop shared solutions and resources.
- Project Management – I developed software and hardware user manuals aimed at staff with limited computer literacy. Also, I have created technical manuals for management auditing purposes.
- Time Management and Organisation – I have managed 1st, 2nd to 3rd line support, with the inclusion of remote support, and organised theses into priority blocks depending on the required completion deadline.
TECHNICAL SKILLS BASE
- Fundamental understanding of routing protocols such as IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP.
- OSI/ TCP/IP conceptual model knowledge and trouble shooting.
- WAN/LAN routing protocols.
- Working knowledge of virtualisation technologies.
- Understanding of AWS Cloud services.
- Aruba and Cisco Meraki Wireless setup and deployment.
- Software and OS packages knowledge including; Windows XP/Vista/7 and Apple Mac OS systems, Windows Server 2003 – 2012, Microsoft Office /2003/2007/2010/2013, Remote Access programs, Active Directory. Backup solutions and Security Programs, such as Antivirus.
- Desktop/Server Build and configuration.
- PC and Laptop Installations with client configurations.
- Exchange 2007 – 2013 configuration.
- Set-up and configuration of Office 365 E3.
- Ubuntu server build and configuration.
- Ubuntu and Windows administration.
- Shell Scripting, including Bash and Python.
- Juniper Firewall configuration.
- Experienced Windows XP/Vista/7/Windows 8 support for 600+ users.
- OSX Support for 10.4 – 10.10 up to 400+ users.
- Prioritising ad-hoc support requests with minimal information given.
- System Architecture
- PRINCE2 and ITIL concepts understanding
- Learning CHEF and PUPPET
June 2016 – Currently Held Kinosis T/A Touch Surgery
Head of Infrastructure
- Support the development of Server Infrastructure, including procurement, future-proofing and options development and appraisal.
- Managing the operation of our Service Desk, Infrastructure and Network & Security systems.
- Defining and meeting service levels for IT operations.
- Managing the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of all current IT systems, including operating systems, software applications and peripherals.
- Ensuring infrastructure, applications and data are available and secure.
- Accountable for infrastructure documentation and procedures.
- Leading the development and implementation of IT policies and procedures in conjunction with the Information security standards .
- Assisting with the delivery of internal and partner projects.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of the IT budget. Supporting financial aspects of the IT function, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Training employees in best practice.
- Maintaining/testing Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and Incident Response plans.
- Taking an active role in shaping our future IT environment.
- Rollout of Zendesk for Marketing/Customer Success/Account management and IT.
- Management of AWS environment of 20 plus EC2 instances which included a mix of Windows, Linux and Ubuntu operating systems.
- Planning out HIPPA compliance
- Implementation of IAM Systems such as OKTA
- Managing CAPEX and OPEX budgets
- Software licence management and control.
August 2015 – June 2016 Ensighten LTD
IT Support Engineer
- Design, develop, plan and implement new network scheme for the London office, focusing on requirements of the current user base.
- Migration of email platform from Colt web to Office365, and assist in the Migration of Ensighten email to Office365 E3.
- Administration of ADFS in configuration with OKTA SSO.
- Provide IT support to a rapidly growing office of about 70 local end users, 15 remote European users and ad-hoc support for 150 US users.
- Provision and de-provision end-users’ computing hardware and software, including cloud-based applications, and licenses.
- Support and train employees on various company used software productivity tools (email, calendar, SSO, chat, etc.).
- Troubleshoot software/hardware issues for Mac/Windows computers, iOS/Android mobile devices to determine the appropriate resolution path.
- Maintain current expertise and competency of relevant products, current security policies, and methods of support delivery.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records – as you create and collaborate on them.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
March 2014 – August 2015 Ben Sherman, London
IT Network Support Analyst
- Network installation/configuration, including Meraki Wireless Access point device setup.
- Networking concepts (completed Cisco ICND training).
- Liaise with infrastructure and security vendors for store set up.
- Following SOX Compliance Procedures for auditing.
- Meeting setup and configuration – Skype/Bluejeans – including troubleshooting.
- Avayna Telephony configuration.
- Mobile configuration and deployment.
- Remote support to global users via Teamviewer.
- Apple Mac deployment.
- Store Networking Setup.
- Single point of contact for supporting 120 Users.
- Ticket System Landesk.
- Hitachi unified storage configuration setup
- Creating and updating troubleshooting documentation
- Travelled to remote sites for support.
March 2012 – March 2014 Mimecast Ltd, London
1st / 2nd /Team Lead -Service Delivery Engineer
- Global service delivery on Mimecast platform from start to end, for internal and external Mimecast clients.
- Assisting Mimecast integration into the clients’ environment.
- Delivering support via Email, Telephone and CRM systems, such as Netsuite.
- Technical account relationship management to Mimecast partners and resellers.
- Ensuring best practice configuration.
- Engage clients and partners via online training modalities.
- Create FAQ’s and customer help documentation.
- Monitoring UK and International clients outside of office working hours.
- Liaising with counterparts in International Mimecast offices.
- Achieve SLA and customer satisfaction targets.
- Organising work within a team of 7 engineers.
- Providing adhoc support for the pre sales team.
August 2010 – March 2012 Profero Ltd, London
1st Line & Global Support
- Providing support for users in the London and other global offices via web based ticketing system, Zendesk, and other communication platforms, such as Skype, Windows Live Messenger and Twitter.
- Maintenance of core network services including: DNS, AD, LDAP, VLANs and Firewalls.
- Management of three domain controllers.
- Configure Windows 2008 and OSX Snow Leopard server.
- Ubuntu ftp server administration.
- Develop up-to-date Antivirus strategies for effective working.
- Developed backup solutions for Mac users via Time Machine backup server.
- Supporting Maconomy finance systems.
- Remote administration, monitoring and reporting.
- Training colleagues in technical environment.
- User creation, user setup, and software and hardware auditing.
- PC/Laptop imaging, building processes, and Blackberry and iPhone configuration.
- Using cloud systems and technologies such as Mimecast, Windows Hyper-V and Azure.
- Installation of business critical system software and supporting when users in need.
- Managing small IS projects within Profero.
- Provide out of hours support.
- Support external clients using Diageo, FedEx, M&S & HTC.
- Completed OXS 10.6/10.7 support training.
January 2010 – August 2010 Porsche Cars GB, Reading
1st Line Support Intern – Group Systems
- 1st line support for incoming calls, emails and tickets into Porsche’s HEAT ticketing system for 450+ users.
- 1st line contact with PIKS in Stuttgart on business system critical issues.
- Remote monitoring of business-critical products and service levels utilising bespoke Porsche applications.
- Providing IT related solutions, including OS/Software, Projector, Interactive Whiteboards and hardware maintenance.
- Managed small projects including the refresh of hardware and updating refresh cycle.
- Assisted team members with execution of local and global projects.
- Responsible for projects assigned by the Group IT Manager.
- Maintenance of all IT related equipment, such as visitor greeting display TV screen, network configuration and peripherals, hardware and software maintenance.
- Creation of user manuals and guides.
(2016) Studying two AWS certifications, Solutions Architect and Developer Associate
(2015) Studied CCNA Exam March 2015 (self-funded)
(2014) CompTia Network + (self-funded)
(2013) Object Orientated Programming with Java Part 1 (self funded)
(2011) Studied for the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification
(2011) Studied for the Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification
2006 – 2009 University of Central Lancashire, Preston, PR1 2HE
BSC (Hons) Computing – GRADE: 2:1
Obtaining a degree was a life-changing academic achievement for myself. One particularly engaging aspect was understanding development methodologies, and how these are implemented into business operations.
Fitness – MMA, Squash, Rugby (Prop), Cross-fit training
Reading commercially aware technology media
Organising social events